I happened upon a recipe from fitnessmagazine.com that sounded interesting... "Guilt-Free Double Chocolate Brownies." Um, you had me at "Double Chocolate."
I tried it out this morning (days are so much better when they include brownies before noon!) and I have to say, they're good. They aren't Ghirardelli triple chocolate good, but they're good for having 18 carbs and 111 calories.
I like this recipe because you make it all in a sauce pan. It may just be me, but it seemed a lot easier than other non-box recipes.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons butter (what?! not the whole stick!? progress!!)
- 2/3 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 c mini chocolate chips (what again!? not the whole bag!? this is guilt-free!)
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 8x8 pan with cooking spray
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter the remove from heat (I used low heat.)
- Stir in sugar, water and vanilla
- Mix in flour, cocoa powder and baking powder
- Add your mini chocolate chips and add to pan
- Bake for 15-18 minutes and cool on wire rack
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top
- Chow. Down.
I used a smaller pan so mine cooked a couple of minutes longer. That, and my oven stinks. The original link is at the top of this post. You'll have to let me know what you think. When I asked Harrison if he wanted a brownie, he made this face.
His arms are blurry because he's shaking them with excitement. That's Momma's boy. Next year, bud. Next year.